Tuesday, August 3, 2010

third day.

today i did both shoulders and arms AND ab ripper x. do i have to say that i didn't do a whole lot of the ab workout? i didn't think so. (for those of you who don't know, me and my abs haven't become friends yet.)

however, i did enjoy the shoulders and arms workout. i had to cut it 15 minutes short because my homework needs to get done, but i know i could have completed the rest of the dvd. i was only using 3lb. weights, so it wasn't like i was struggling through the whole workout, but i can feel in my arms and shoulders that they were actually being worked. my only other option was 10lb. weights, and i tried that. needless to say, that didn't work out so well. i'm thinking i need to invest in some 5 or 8lb. weights and/or a resistance band.

some of the shoulder moves were pretty difficult to complete. there was one called seated shoulder flys, where you swing your arms out wide (like a bird flying), bring them down, lean forward slightly, then repeat the process. i got through 16 total flys twice, but by the 16th rep i was definitely feeling it, especially on the leaning one. i also did some chair dips, which weren't as hard as i was expecting them to be. given, i had my knees bent while three of the other people in the dvd were doing it much, much harder ways, but i got through 14 the first time and 13 the second.

overall the workout wasn't that bad. my muscles are definitely feeling it, but i'm thinking i need to up my weight. craigslist, here i come!

tomorrow, yoga x. YAY!

3 comments:

  1. You keep going girl! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I have two spare resistance bands that you can have. I'll see if I can't find them for you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way! I would love you forever! Not that I'm not going to already anyway, but you know what I mean. :P That would be great. :]

    ReplyDelete